Is my Nexus 7 dead or can I save it?

A

AC Question

My nexus 7 is dead help

I have tried all the suggestions on line to revive my nexus 7 but no combination seems to work. What can I try next?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: My nexus 7 is dead help

If you've tried all those things, whatever they may be, I guess the only thing left is to take it to a qualified repairer.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My nexus 7 is dead help

It depends on what you mean by dead. Does the phone act as if there's no battery in it? Nothing happens? That's called a hard brick - the phone does the same thing a brick does - sits there. If something happens, but the phone doesn't work, it's a soft brick - something is wrong, but it's possible that you can fix it yourself. If that's the case, we have to know what you do and what happens. Does it get into recovery mode? Does it get into download mode? Does it bootloop (get to a logo, then start over again, over and over)?

If it's hard-bricked, and it's never been wet, or brought into a warm house after spending the night in a below-freezing car (which means it got wet inside), having it fixed in a shop might pay. You'll probably have to pay something for a repair estimate. If it got wet, it's probably already too late to save it - it's been at least 7 hours, and 7 minutes is pushing it.