Why is my Galaxy S5 getting "message read" an "typing" icons in the default message app?

A

AC Question

Why is my Galaxy S5 getting "message read" an "typing" icons in the default message app?

My friend and I have the Samsung galaxy S5 and we both use the default messaging app, however she gets little icons telling her that her message was read and that the other person is typing, whereas I do not.

On some contacts she also gets the word "CHAT" next to there photo icon, again where I do not.

So my question is what is causing this and how do we disable and/or activate said function?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my Galaxy S5 getting "message read" an "typing" icons in the default message app?

Welcome to Android Central! I don't have an S5, so I don't know exactly what the Messaging app's settings look like, but check them to see if there is something there to adjust. (Open Messaging, tap Menu, then Settings.). On Hangouts, for example, there's a "Share your status" option which shows others what device you're using and if you're on a call.