My Moto G (2013) charges via USB when it is locked, but once I unlock it start charging and the pc won't read it. Same thing happens when several different wires and ports, so the problem must be the phone. Some ideas?
    01-18-2015 09:49 AM
    Charging and the PC reading the phone are totally different functions. Any device that draws current from the USB power terminals will draw power
    from the USB power terminals, whether the PC recognizes a device connected to the USB data terminals or not.

If you mean thta the battery isn't charging when you're using the phone, it could be because the phone uses more power than it can draw from a USB port, so the net effect on the battery is drain, not charge. (Electricity 101.)

If you mean that the PC doesn't see the phone as a storIt could be a defective microUSB connector in the phone (one of the data leads isn't making connection inside).

If you mean adb won't read it, you have to have the driver (from Motorola - Mac & Windows Drivers) installed in the PC.
    01-18-2015 02:48 PM
    Same issue (I think) - my Moto X (purchased in October) recently will only charge if it is plugged in and locked (on AC power). The moment I unlock it, the icon changes from charging to battery power, even if I'm not doing anything. Have tried restarting. Thoughts? Suggestions?
    02-18-2015 07:10 PM