At least it said it connected but today (Sunday) after only 2 days usage it says I have used up 70 some % of my data! I went to check the wifi and it won't stay connected to it! It says it is a security risk. This is our home wifi with a password. I had no problem with the iphone and I'm about ready to take this back. I did connect to an open wifi but now can't even find a list of wifi options anymore. If I try to add a Wifi network it asks for a Network SSID. I don't know what that is. Can you help me?
    01-18-2015 09:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wi-fi. If your wi-fi is on, you should see a list of all of the available wi-fi networks that you can try to connect to. If you're not connected to your actual home network, locate the network in the list, and tap it, then tap Connect. Now find the open network that you connected to, long-press it, and Forget it.

If you connected to some open network that actually isn't connected to the internet, and if your phone's mobile data (3G/4G) was still turned on, then it will still use the mobile data. If you want to be safe, you could always toggle off your mobile data when you're at home, and just use the home wi-fi.
    01-18-2015 07:33 PM