I am stuck in a Firmware Upgrade and encountered an issue, KIES and Odin cannot detect my phone, why?

A

AC Question

Stuck in Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue, KIES and Odin cannot detect my phone.

So I'm an *****. I was attempting to upgrade from 2.3.6 to 4.0.4 on my (rooted) SGH-T989 Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules, flashing in Odin 3.07, but placed the .tar in the CSC place instead. Now, I can't even access recovery, my phone instantly boots up into Firmware Upgrade Encountered an issue screen. By an off chance, my phone connected and was detected by Odin once. However, in my attempt to revert to a stock rom, it failed. Now Odin AND KIES won't recognize my phone. I have attempted to re-download Odin/drivers and restart phone/computer. I have tried different drivers. Any help would be much appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Stuck in Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue, KIES and Odin cannot detect my phone.

So I'm an *****. I was attempting to upgrade from 2.3.6 to 4.0.4 on my (rooted) SGH-T989 Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules, flashing in Odin 3.07, but placed the .tar in the CSC place instead. Now, I can't even access recovery, my phone instantly boots up into Firmware Upgrade Encountered an issue screen. By an off chance, my phone connected and was detected by Odin once. However, in my attempt to revert to a stock rom, it failed. Now Odin AND KIES won't recognize my phone. I have attempted to re-download Odin/drivers and restart phone/computer. I have tried different drivers. Any help would be much appreciated.
It could be possible that the device has been bricked. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to fix this.