How do i root my Gionee m2?

A

AC Question

root gionee m2

I just bought a gionee m2 and with it I stepped into the world of android. Am very much curious to know that what actually rooting is. And how can I root my device. Advantages and disadvantag s of rooting.
My gionee m2 is upgraded to KitKat v4.4.2
Any clue how to start with rooting?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: root gionee m2

I just bought a gionee m2 and with it I stepped into the world of android. Am very much curious to know that what actually rooting is.
Basically, adding back the su file that Google doesn't include in Android. (You have to be rooted to do that, so there has to be some exploit that can be used on the particular device to temporarily get root, so that the file can be copied to the device.)

What rooting allows is administrative access to the phone's operating system (like "Run as administrator" in Windows.)

And how can I root my device.
Find a root method that works with that device. If the kernel is old enough (earlier than June 3, 2014), Towel Root may work. Otherwise try iRoot. (The Gionee is one of those "made for special markets" devices, so there's not much information about it. Most information comes from developers who delve into their own devices, looking for exploits, holes and bugs.)

Advantages
Ability to run apps that need root, including the ability to uninstall carrier-installed "bloat" - apps you don't really want, but they take up storage space.

and disadvantag s of rooting.
Voiding the warranty. Gaining the ability to destroy the device if you don't know what you're doing. Inability to update until you replace the rooted ROM (4.4.2 in your case) with a stock, never-been-rooted one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12