Why does a random number appear in outgoing calls with Google Voice on Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

Why does random number appear in outgoing calls with Google Voice on Galaxy S5

I used Google voice on my Galaxy S3 and when I updated to S5, any outgoing call shows an out of state google voice shadow number instead of who I called. It is hard to verify my call list with "random" numbers appearing instead of my saved contact for that outgoing call. This seems to be a Galaxy S5 bug problem that many people have. So much so that many of my colleagues have uninstalled Google voice because of the bug. Is there a current fix or when will there be a fix?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why does random number appear in outgoing calls with Google Voice on Galaxy S5

Welcome to Android Central! I am still researching your problem as I have not of heard of it. Looking at this page here from Google (https://support.google.com/voice/answer/168520?hl=en&ref_topic=22030), it says:

"All calls will be routed through a Google Voice access number, and depending on your version of Android and device, you may see that number displayed at the top of the screen. The access number is a U.S. number. If you’re traveling to another country, you may be charged international calling rates by your cellphone provider. If the access number’s area code isn’t the same as your area code, you may be charged long distance rates. Callers will be charged for the call based on their cellphone plan."

That may be the random number you are seeing.

Pete Ambrose

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have a Galaxy s5 with Verizon. I use my GV number for everything. Everything worked well until 1/14/15 and this problem randomly started happening. All other forms are 3 years outdated for this issue. Please help.