last night i picked up my phone (galaxy note 4) of the couch and went to look at something on my phone. i pushed the wake button on the side of the phone and the screen came on but when I swipe to unlock or touch anywhere on the screen with my finger it no longer senses anything. no i am not wearing gloves and i didn't drop the phone. the s-pen still works to control the phone but using your finger now does nothing at all. anyone else had this happen?

I have tried turning the sensitivity up and also done a factory reset and it still does not work.
    01-19-2015 09:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You did an actual factory data reset, that wiped the phone and required you to log back in and set it back up again? Or was it a simple reboot (i.e., power off, then power on)?
    01-19-2015 09:53 PM
    I backed it up to kies and went into settings and did the factory reset where it wipes everything back to factory settings

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-19-2015 11:07 PM
    Sounds as if the digitizer went bad. (The S Pen works with a different layer of the screen electrically, it;s not just a substitute for your finger on the digitizer.)

Since you're backed up, and the phone is still under a replacement warranty, have it replaced (unless your carrier replaces screens while you wait).
    01-19-2015 11:41 PM
    Does the multi window and back button have their own digitizer too?? I just noticed that those buttons work using my finger but the screen itself still does not.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-20-2015 12:14 AM
    My note4 same thing
    Finger control. NO
    S-pen control. YES
    Back an Home either control. YES

problem is intermittent
    Seems to happen when screen gets warm.
    From use or warmm/hot ambient temp

Placing unit in freezer for a few minutes seems to rectify problem.
    My unit is less than six moths old and has always been in an otter box.

Very irritating problem. Bad point when I'm trying to wean coworkers off the apple platform
    06-26-2015 03:12 PM