Why do I have a random 3 tone notification?

A

AC Question

Random 3 tone notification

For the past couple of weeks I am getting a random 3 tone notification sound from my TMobile Galaxy S5. There is no 'visibile' notification in the notification pane. The ONLY constant has been that the phone is connected to WiFi (multiple networks) when it happens AND when it happens, the 4G LTE icon comes on.

A couple things I know that it is NOT.

1.) NFC - Turned off
2.) E-mail app - there's no new e-mails when it happens.
3.) Receiving MMS
4.) Location services

ANY other ideas please let me know.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Random 3 tone notification

For the past couple of weeks I am getting a random 3 tone notification sound from my TMobile Galaxy S5. There is no 'visibile' notification in the notification pane. The ONLY constant has been that the phone is connected to WiFi (multiple networks) when it happens AND when it happens, the 4G LTE icon comes on.

A couple things I know that it is NOT.

1.) NFC - Turned off
2.) E-mail app - there's no new e-mails when it happens.
3.) Receiving MMS
4.) Location services

ANY other ideas please let me know.

Thanks!
Could it be an alert informing as to when services (data/phone) are connected/disconnected?

Lauren Rodgers

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my T-Mobile S5: A 3 tone notification that sounds every 5 minutes whether or not I'm connected to Wi-Fi. It must have started this week because I don't remember hearing it before. Were you able to solve this?

deejaynyc

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone cracked this one? I have a (T-Mobile) Samsung Galaxy S5, and have the exact same issue. A three-tone notification (for what it's worth, the notes seem to be Bb-Eb-F, in an ascending pattern, if that helps anyone identify it) sounds essentially randomly. This occurs despite Notifications being set to silent and NFC communications being turned off, and, bizarrely, occurs even when the phone's overall sound setting is on "Vibrate." There is no obvious link to receipt of e-mail, texts, or other communications. There is no apparent change in Wi-Fi or data status. It goes off all day and all night, at random intervals.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1