I recently bought a used Nexus 5 on Craigslist. I have done two full android resets but the version is stuck at 4.4.4 with no over the air updates.

For this reason, I have tried to do a USB upgrade to lollipop but the device will not show up at all when I try to connect it. I have toggled all of the MTP/PTP settings, and enabled USB debugging via the developer settings... but nothing has worked.

To be clear, other Nexus 5 when attached to the same computer using the same wire DO show up... so the problem is specific to this phone. How can I update to Lollipop? Do you think that this is a problem to do with some form of Craigslist scam?
    01-20-2015 04:59 PM
    I recently bought a used Nexus 5 on Craigslist. I have done two full android resets but the version is stuck at 4.4.4 with no over the air updates.

For this reason, I have tried to do a USB upgrade to lollipop but the device will not show up at all when I try to connect it. I have toggled all of the MTP/PTP settings, and enabled USB debugging via the developer settings... but nothing has worked.

To be clear, other Nexus 5 when attached to the same computer using the same wire DO show up... so the problem is specific to this phone. How can I update to Lollipop? Do you think that this is a problem to do with some form of Craigslist scam?
    Make sure the drivers are installed/updated on the computer before connecting. Also, consider a factory reset of the device to see if that helps.

You can also try accessing the bootloader to see if it's in a locked or unlocked state. Unlocked could mean that it has been tampered. If that's the case, see if flashing the factory image helps.
    01-20-2015 07:41 PM