So I just got done calling my dad, plugged up my phone, and went to go get some phone. When I get back, I check my phone and it's asking me to go through the set up wizard. It's deleted everything! My contacts, apps, everything.
    01-20-2015 06:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Ugh, that's not good. Which phone is it? This happens on rare occasions for unclear reasons--some kind of catastrophic glitch that forces a hard reset. How old is the phone? If it's pretty new, contact the manufacturer (or your wireless store) and ask about a repair or replacement.

Apps can always be reinstalled, because Google Play (and other app sources like Amazon Appstore) keep track of what you installed. It's always a good idea to associate your Contacts with your Google account, because then they're automatically synced to your Google cloud, and can be accessed anywhere and re-synced to a new or reset phone easily. And this is also a good illustration as to why photos should be backed up regularly, if they're important to you.
    01-21-2015 01:04 AM