Hi guys,

I dropped my Nexus 5 (running Lollipop) a couple of times and, as a result, my proximity sensor is barely functional. This isn't a problem, except for when I'm making a call; the screen goes black, but won't turn back on at any point. I can hang up (using the power button via Accessibility settings), but I can't use the keypad to make selections on IVRs (when calling businesses).

I've tried a couple of options, but don't currently have a fix.

1) Disabling the proximity sensor:
    I don't think there's a setting to disable the screen blackout natively. I was going to try Proximity Screen Off, but apparently it doesn't work under Lollipop. I'm also not sure of the best way to root under Lollipop (4.4.4 was rooted); I think Proximity Screen Off requires root in any case.

2) An alternative dialer app:
    I've looked around, and haven't so far found a dialer app that will allow me to disable the proximity sensor in-call. Do you know of any?

Any help with either of the above (or a new method) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Will
    01-20-2015 06:59 PM
    Same situation and currently using 'Disable Proximity Sensor' module in Xposed. Nothing else worked.
    06-28-2015 11:50 AM