I charged my fone overnight and this am the fone is blank. Total black out. Has it crashed??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It can't overcharge - the charging stops when the battery is fully charged. (Either that or I've had magic batteries for 10 years. When I put a phone on the charger, it's normally just before I go to sleep.)

Does the phone do anything? If it acts as if there's no battery in it, that's a hard brick. If it does something - anything - but not what it's supposed to do, that's a soft brick. What you do in each case is different. (Unless the phone is under warranty - then you let the carrier worry about it. Just bring it in and ask them to please repair or replace it.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would help to know which phone it is. Try pressing and holding the Power button for a good 20 seconds or so. If nothing happens, and if it's a phone with a replaceable battery, then pull the battery for 10 seconds, replace it, then try again. If that still doesn't work, then try a new battery, in case the current one failed suddenly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan