It seems like this is a tall order but is there such a thing as a rugged case for the Lg g3 that will charge wireless on the Duracell powermatt ( I have the At&t version)? Something like the Otter box or unicorn beetle preferably with a belt clip. I understand that a new back cover will need to be purchased or the sticker but is it just too thick with a rugged case to do this? I HATE the quick circle cases. I don't care how bulky it is either. Any ideas?
    01-20-2015 11:11 PM
    The Powermat is Qi. While technically an Otterbox Defender is too thick for Qi, I have no problem charging my Note 3 with an internal receiver when it's in the Otterbox. As far as ruggedness ... it probably won't survive a car driving over it, but it should survive being dropped. (It's not water-resistant, so don't expect it to protect the phone from water.) The holster is solid and even if you do manage to break it, it's about $9 to replace it. (It does take a couple of days to get the hang of popping the phone out of the holster. On the positive side, the case just "feels" solidly made.)

Oh - the thickness of the charging receiver does make taking the case off the phone a bit of work (a small jeweler's screwdriver helps), but it does work and it does come off. Not cheap, but I think it's worth the price.
    01-21-2015 12:26 AM