Samsung Galaxy S4

Keyboard

I hold down the letter "o" to bring up the diacritical marks only to find the long vowel missing. Āā Ēē Īī ?? Ūū

I wonder if there was a shortage of those letter when my phone was produced.

Request a fix? Cut and paste? Get a new phone?
    01-21-2015 11:13 AM
    LOL.

I like your style.

If you think about it, a full O plus a circumflex thingummy doodah takes a lot of materials. Maybe they are waiting for sufficient stocks to accumulate at Samsung Korea before they can release more.

Pay for it? You're giving Samsung ideas.

I will check my Samsung, SwiftKey and Google / Moto keyboard out now, but I had to write this first.

01-21-2015 11:33 AM
    I can accept your S4 stock keyboard may not have it, though my Note 3 has it by default with Samsung Keyboard version 4.0.
    I use SwiftKey which has it if I select Accented Characters in the SwiftKey Layout menu. Google keyboard has it as standard on my backup Moto G.

I don't know what to tell you, except some Samsung keyboards of the same model and update have been reported with or without Emoji, but I never got to the bottom of that.

Someone here may be able to suggest a more obvious solution. All I can think of is downloading SwiftKey, before maybe turning off the Samsung Keyboard app in Applications Manager, and restart it later.

Meantime I do so happen to have a significant quantity of single use accented O's of various denominations I can let you have in bulk with free shipping - for a price of course.

I am a business man!

01-21-2015 12:01 PM