Why won't pictures show in gallery after the transfer from computer to sd card?

suuhmantha

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Pictures won't show in gallery after transfer from computer to sd card

I put my pictures on my computer before I reformatted my SD card. After reformat I put my pictures in a file I created on the SD card and now they won't show up in my gallery. The icon is there but when I click on it it won't see them. I have a Galaxy S4. Any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Pictures won't show in gallery after transfer from computer to sd card

I put my pictures on my computer before I reformatted my SD card. After reformat I put my pictures in a file I created on the SD card and now they won't show up in my gallery. The icon is there but when I click on it it won't see them. I have a Galaxy S4. Any ideas?
Go into the gallery app settings and make sure the option to find all pictures, or to show pictures, from all locations is enabled. That should fix your problem.

Alternatively, you can use a third-party gallery app, such as Quickpic, that will display all photos on the device, regardless of location.

suuhmantha

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Pictures won't show in gallery after transfer from computer to sd card

That didn't work. I copy and paste them from my computer into my sdcard (the DCIM camera folder) and I will go on gallery or My Roll that I downloaded. And the pictures will be there. All will show up. I restart my phone to be sure and then they'll be there for a second and completely disappear before my eyes and completely gone from the folder I originally put them in...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC