EDIT: The title of this thread has been changed by someone else or by an automated system, that was clearly not my question and not my editing. Original title: "Adding Contact direct to Device or Google Account"

Hi there, fellow Android users!

I've been wondering about this for a while, and most often refrain from linking (or adding new contacts) to my Google account when adding someone's phone number in my cell. I choose "Device" from fear that if I store it on Google's servers, some of the following problems *might* occur (that's where I need clarification) :

- If my contact is added (or linked) to my Google account instead of only "on Device", I'll always have to depend on Google to have access to that contact. Say I'm in the woods one day with limited to no mobile data access, will I still be able to load that contact's info and call him anyway?

- I'm guessing, hoping, that Google only uses this feature to sync from my device to my account (and vice-versa) but that what's on my phone is kept there, no matter if I have access to Internet or not.

Any clarification on all of this would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks.

p.s.: I'm not sure this is relevant, but I'm using Samsung Galaxy S4's (SGH-I337M (Canada)) Phone - Contacts factory app. Android version 4.4.2

EDIT: Why has the title of my question changed? That was clearly not my question and not my editing. Original title: "Adding Contact direct to Device or Google Account"
    01-22-2015 01:40 AM