How to upgrade my rooted samsung grand i9082 4.2.2 to cyanegenmod or kitkat 4.4?

A

AC Question

I have samsung grand i9082 and recently rooted it. I want to upgrade to cyanegenmod 3 or kitkat 4.4 safely. Can anyone provide me the links to the above step by step, so I can safely upgrade my handset? Also pls tell me if i will be able to use my phone normally, as I heard that after upgrading, the video shooting and screen rotation and sim 2 doesn't works. Is that true? Pls reply at earliest.
Rajesh Sharma

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want to update, you shouldn't have rooted - updates check for root (at least most do - all should) and if the phone has ever been rooted, even if you unrooted it, you'll get a "fail" message and the update will stop. There are files you can change while rooted that, even if you unroot, will cause the phone to brick if you update it. So you have to flash a stock ROM first. If you're flashing a whole ROM (which will wipe everything out, so back up everything - see Backing up an Android Device) you might as well flash 4.4.2 or the CyanogenMod ROM of your choice, rather thn flash an older ROM and then update it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance