I have a Galaxy S4. When I go to check voice mail, there is a small strip of advertisements at the bottom. How do I get rid of these advertisements PERMANANTLY - not only with the little temporary "x" at the corner of the rectangle. I read in one of your blogs that I should go to settings, then application manager, and get rid of anything under "downloaded" that I did not intentionally download. I know I downloaded Facebook, LinkedIn, Pandora, etc, but there are many others that I have no idea what they do, and I know that I did not download them. To name a few: AllShare Cast Dongle, ANT Radio Service, Beaming Service, BlurbCheckout, Chrome, Drive, Flipboard, GalaxyApps, Google app play music newsstand services store text to speech...etc... What if I uninstall all these apps and then find out my phone needs them to operate?
    01-22-2015 09:55 AM
    I have a Galaxy S4. When I go to check voice mail, there is a small strip of advertisements at the bottom. How do I get rid of these advertisements PERMANANTLY - not only with the little temporary "x" at the corner of the rectangle. I read in one of your blogs that I should go to settings, then application manager, and get rid of anything under "downloaded" that I did not intentionally download. I know I downloaded Facebook, LinkedIn, Pandora, etc, but there are many others that I have no idea what they do, and I know that I did not download them. To name a few: AllShare Cast Dongle, ANT Radio Service, Beaming Service, BlurbCheckout, Chrome, Drive, Flipboard, GalaxyApps, Google app play music newsstand services store text to speech...etc... What if I uninstall all these apps and then find out my phone needs them to operate?
    Many of the apps you mentioned come standard on most devices today or maybe loaded as " bloatware " by your carrier or the manufacture. Some can be fully uninstalled but as you said if you want to use them in the future then you have to go hunting for them to re download. Most cases this isn't a problem, more inconvenience than anything. So you have another option. Go into your Settings/Apps (or manage apps) and find the Apps you don't want to use. There should be a " DISABLE " function for most, this will just disable/de active the app and leave it laying dormant on your device if you wish to use it again. Some apps you can't do anything about either because its a needed app to run Android or because the carrier or OEM decided eliminate the option to do so.

As for the advertisements again this is a hit or miss thing. Some apps that feature ads you can opt to purchase the full version or PRO version to eliminate ads. Some apps have an option in the settings to eliminate ads (not many have this) and then your left with those you have no control over and have to just live with the ads.
    01-22-2015 12:51 PM
  3. Elizabeth Ciborowski-Ambrogi's Avatar
    Thank you Paul! Love this site. Thank goodness I found it!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-22-2015 01:30 PM
    Thank you Paul! Love this site. Thank goodness I found it!
    Your welcome and thanks for registering as a member. Lots of helpful people here and a great source of information and discussion.

Paul
    Mod Team Leader @ AC.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-22-2015 01:41 PM