looking for methods of charging batteries faster than in the phone, from my understanding the phone is one of the best methods but my micro usb port broke and atm i'm to scared to DIY the darn thing.....so currently i'm using a cheap wall dock and the entire box is in Chinese ahahah so my faith lays within the hands of whatever the calligraphy says on the box.

supposedly the output is at 350 mah which means to charge my 7k battery its still going to take 20 hours to get a full charge, looking for something that will charge it faster. an output of like 600 mah would be ideal for me assuming i let it charge at night for 12 hours or so.

which i've actually been reading around i don't know if it holds true or not but batteries will only charge at the highest milliamp to a specific threshold and then drop down? i dont know much about batteries but i'm using this setback as an opportunity to also pick up some possible and useful knowledge so please share anything you have
    01-22-2015 12:26 PM
    Welcome to AC
    What phone is it? And what brand is your extended battery?
    Using your phone's OEM wall charger and the battery + battery "holder" that came with it is probably the best method. 350 mAh doesn't sound right for a wall charger. Most standard ones are either 1.2 or 2.1A. Should take a lot less than 20 hours to charge that battery...
    01-22-2015 12:45 PM
    i have a galaxy s3 + a hyperion 7,000 mah battery the wall charger/dock i got from ebay was called or branded as yibo yuan?

and i'm literally talking about a exteranl battery charger not like the wall charger that plugs into your phone because my micro usb port broke.. since i dont want to fix it jsut yet i need an alternative way to charge so i went with a battery charger docking station its a shame they dont actually have a better name or something ahaha

i know that usb has a much higher output but i have found that the docking stations are actually much lower? i guess i cant really understand why
    01-22-2015 01:52 PM
    i have a galaxy s3 + a hyperion 7,000 mah battery the wall charger/dock i got from ebay was called or branded as yibo yuan?

and i'm literally talking about a exteranl battery charger not like the wall charger that plugs into your phone because my micro usb port broke.. since i dont want to fix it jsut yet i need an alternative way to charge so i went with a battery charger docking station its a shame they dont actually have a better name or something ahaha

i know that usb has a much higher output but i have found that the docking stations are actually much lower? i guess i cant really understand why
    Ah, I see what you mean now. I have this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=1UloEazY
    which lets me just plug in the wall charger like you normally would. Thought yours would have come with the battery and the charging case as well.

The charging/docking stations do charge a lot slower. I'm not sure if yours is specific to your battery size, but have you found any others that are compatible? 20 hours sounds ridiculous to charge your battery.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2
    01-22-2015 06:28 PM
    i got the battery charger that they sell on hyperion i haven't found anything yet but im going to keep my eyes open
    01-22-2015 08:38 PM
    i got the battery charger that they sell on hyperion i haven't found anything yet but im going to keep my eyes open
    So you did buy a charging case for it? Or are you looking for one?

01-22-2015 09:40 PM
    charging case would require the use of the micro usb port which is broken i am 75% sure
    01-23-2015 06:39 PM
    charging case would require the use of the micro usb port which is broken i am 75% sure
    The charging case has its own USB port.

01-23-2015 07:03 PM
    how does the charger case plug into the phone though? doesn't it sit in the micro usb? or is that the entire battery? does it sit in the battery slot? do you have a link?

because again.. if it sits in the micro usb port mine is broken... it will not work i repeat it will not charge my phone or i wouldn't be asking for a better way to charge my battery
    01-23-2015 09:16 PM
    An out of the phone battery charger would work fine but I don't know of one. Try Samsung.
    01-23-2015 10:14 PM
    how does the charger case plug into the phone though? doesn't it sit in the micro usb? or is that the entire battery? does it sit in the battery slot? do you have a link?

because again.. if it sits in the micro usb port mine is broken... it will not work i repeat it will not charge my phone or i wouldn't be asking for a better way to charge my battery
    The charger case is just a small "box" where you place the external battery. It has the microUSB port, so you don't need to involve your phone at all. You can see it in the link I shared above of the external battery case I have
    01-23-2015 11:01 PM