A couple of weeks ago my S3 that I've had for a couple of years seemed to have crashed. Leading up to the "Crash" it would reboot a couple times a day and just seemed slower than it used to. Finally the phone turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I tried removing the battery, pushing the power button while the battery is out to drain any residual power and putting the battery back in. Nothing. I try to plug the phone in to charge and seems that the phone/battery will not charge at all.

Sometimes the phone will boot, but it never makes it past the "SAMSUNG" screen, and then just turns off. Luckily a few months prior to this happening I put in an SD card and saved most of my numbers on there. However I did not do this with a lot of my pictures. I really would like to recover the pictures on my old S3. I have since upgraded to an S5, but am trying to figure out if there is any hope of recovering pictures from my old phone.
    01-22-2015 03:03 PM
    It could be something as simple as the battery in the S3 being dead. Take the battery out, use the S5's charger (that should be the 2 Amp output one) and see if the phone boots fully.

If not, it's probably a motherboard problem and, unless those pictures are irreplaceable and important, it wouldn't pay to recover them. (It would cost a lot more than a cellphone.)
    01-23-2015 02:21 PM