Why am I unable to see my email on my Tablet?

A

AC Question

I have a quetion on my tablet not smartphone about viewing my email

I can not see my email on my tablet if I have already opened it on my iphone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have a quetion on my tablet not smartphone about viewing my email

We might need a little more info to help you. Like, what app are you using to try and read your e-mail? What kind of e-mail account are you trying to use, GMail, Yahoo!, an Exchange account, an Outlook one? What's the device you're using?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have a quetion on my tablet not smartphone about viewing my email

Sounds as if it's a POP3 account. Change it to IMAP if you want to be able to see the same email on more than 1 device. (You do that on the web page for the email account, not in the email program or app. Then you'll have to delete the email account in the tablet and enter it again - as an IMAP account, if the tablet doesn't see that right away or asks you.) I don't know if the iPhone will see the change or if you'll have to delete the account there and create it again too. (You shouldn't lose any emails when you do this. If either the tablet or iPhone email app has been set to delete on the server after reading, the emails are gone, otherwise they're still on the server. IOW, what you see on th web page is what you'll see on both the iPhone and the tablet, unless you deliberately delete an email.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton