Due to the messaging app not working on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4, the Samsung person at my local Best Buy had to do a Master Reset. The phone has worked fine for about 7 days, but all of a sudden today the camera is not working... both rear facing and front facing. It will just go to a black screen most of the time. Once and awhile it will say Camera Failed. The camera will not work with any app, i.e. Snapchat. The phone seems to feel hot around the area of the camera too. Any ideas how to fix it?
    01-22-2015 10:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode to see if it's some app you installed that's interfering. If the camera works normally in Safe Mode, then reboot normally, and then try uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Steps are at the bottom of this article: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744
    01-23-2015 01:43 AM
    I tried Safe Mode... Camera still won't work. Still get camera failed message. Or it just freezes up. Any other suggestions?
    01-23-2015 06:38 PM
    I'd be concerned about either a hardware issue or a firmware issue. If it's a firmware issue, it might help to do a factory reset, or to fllash the factory ROM: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html

If that doesn't help, then it's probably a hardware problem, and you'd have to bring the phone to a Samsung service center, or an independent repair shop.
    01-23-2015 10:45 PM