Firmware upgrade - SmartPhone Multiport Download Tool Check DA Fail!

A

AC Question

Phone is a "South African made" Zest_T1_G46_2014 stock unmodified Droid 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.67. Problem? Very little space for apps, and no ability to use SD card. >settings?Storage says I have .96.73 MB available, 692 MB apps & Cached 46. Mfgr says 2 upgrade firmware, and issued me complicated instructions, including use of Windoze, and Multiport Tool. It seems to want to scan for a serial port. Wow. Good thing I am geeky. What a chore. But the tool fails upon scan with "Check DA Fail!" Below are instructions emailed me. Mfgr support guy is overworked, and very slow to respond to email. once doing so at 1 AM!! - So I ask here. Finally, it would be nice to be able to do this with Ubuntu, not Doze. But whatever... I have Win 7 dual boot. Any ideas?

Please download the 2 firmware files listed below. In the Zest Tools files is a PDF file with a user guide but some people have had trouble following it so I included some additional information below.

It is fairly simply and straightforward to update the phone. Please follow the steps below.

Please download the Zest Tools and Zest Firmware files from our website:

www-dot-zestmobile-dot-net-slash-downloads

Extract both Zip Files to a folder on your PC.

To install the preloader driver you need to take the battery out. Open device manager in Control Panel and then plug the phone in. The phone will pop up for 2seconds as "MTK65XX Preloader" and then disappear, as soon as it pops up you must double click it and click update driver and locate to the driver folder in the zip file.

(If you are on windows 8 please disable driver signature enforcement before doing the above step)

Follow the rest of the user guide as is (located in the Zest Tools File) and remember to select the correct sensors after selecting the scatter file.

You will also need to add the DA file agent and Database file, which are located in the SP multi tool folder.

To set up the correct data source file, click "Factory database" at the top of the window, select "Setup data source file", browse in the pack you downloaded and click on the folder "SP_MDT_src_v3.1345.00.00-TestVersion-6" and select the file "MTK_DATABASE.mdb"

To set up the correct DA file name, click "File" at the top of the window, select "Open Download Agent File", browse the pack you downloaded and click the folder "SP_MDT_src_v3.1345.00.00-TestVersion-6" and select the file “MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin”

Let me know if there are any issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy