i have a s 5 and decided to free up memory by moving my 500 pictures to sd card but now they wont open. Can you please help?
    01-23-2015 05:21 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I've been seeing a bunch of posts like this today. Samsung devices seem more prone to SD card corruption. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can you read the files there with Windows Explorer? If so, back up all of the data now. Then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card.

It's a much better idea to move your photos to your computer hard drive or to a cloud storage service rather than moving it to an SD card for safekeeping.
    01-24-2015 01:41 AM
    It's even better to copy them, check them, then - if they're good copies - delete the originals. That way if the copies are corrupted you haven't lost the originals.

Also use SanDisk cards - for 2 reasons. The last time Samsung got things wrong, and their phones started eating SD cards, SanDisk came out with a modification to their cards so they'd work in Samsung phones. Not their problem, not their responsibility, but they fixed it anyway. And 2) if there's a problem, you just go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support, open a live chat (upper right) and they'll replace your card. It's that simple to deal with them. Samsung? They'll probably replace your card if it's defective, but they're not that easy to deal with (even if you talk directly to a Samsung tech in a Best Buy store). (As a side note, I've been using SanDisk since they started making non-volatile memory devices (late 80s, I think) and haven't had a bad card yet (except one that I cracked with my clumsiness). Some of those old small cards were so small that if I still have them I have no idea where they are, but I still have a 256MB card on my desk and I can still use it if I need a really small card. That's saying something for a device that shouldn't last anywhere near that long.
    03-30-2015 11:35 PM