my daughters ATT galaxy s3 SGH1747. She showed me that the phone was in safe mode. i dont know why but now it wont turn on. It just just shows the samsung logo and powers off. Ive tried battery thing i have two so i know its not that. I dont know if it has been updated or not it is att . I cannot boot to recovery. It does nothing when i push the home, power and up or down buttons. Please tell me how to wipe or reset factory settings and i dont have a laptop. Is there not a factory reset hole to push with a needle like the old days. Lol
    01-23-2015 01:53 PM
    Have you tried charging the phone before turning it on? I only ask because I'm assuming the battery thing you speak of is physically pulling the battery since you said that holding the up vol button while hitting the power button does nothing. Unfortunately there is no way to reset these devices without powering them on. Plugging the phone in though will tell you a few things even if it won't power up. Again I'm assuming, but plugging it in may show you a powered down battery charging display. If your display is like mine it will also show you the battery level which may explain why it won't power on. When powered off and charging do you get the LED for charging? This will tell you if the device is even charging, which could point to an issue with the power port or your charging cable. Once you are sure the device is charging and that the battery is fully charged then you can look at other reasons that it won't power on. The OS even if there were some corruption shouldn't stop the device from powering on, it may act erratic or not boot up properly but it should display something or at the very least light the physical buttons if this device has them.
    01-23-2015 02:09 PM
    No i have 2 phones that are the same i put a full battery in it and for a second the samsung symbol comes on the goes and nothing. I dont touch any buttons only replace the battery.
    when i plug in charger there is nothing. Not indicator light. And i used differrnt cords. Yestrrday my daughter showed me thst when she turned it on after school it was on safe mode but the time we got home for me to look at, she ssid it was back to normal. Then like an hour later it powered off and wont come back on
    01-23-2015 02:27 PM
    Sounds like a problem on the motherboard. A Samsung Dongle (see eBay) may get it into download mode. (You just plug it in and after a few seconds the phone is in download mode - if the hardware is working.) Or it may need to be JTAGed - look on eBay for a service that does JTAG for the S3. (Even if it needs a new motherboard, the phone is worth enough to pay for a repair. And if your daughter doesn't have everything backed up, this will teach her, better than any nagging, that she always should have.)
    01-23-2015 02:33 PM
    Ok thank you so much. She just got it so its ok. Told her to sign into Clash of Clans from FB so it would save her progress. Now she knows why. Lol
    01-23-2015 04:25 PM