I dropped my gs5 while camping and it got a few scuffs on the opposite side of the phone to the multitasking button. Now the multitasking button wont light up, but the back button is working fine. It is only a month old (the phone) so i want to get it fixed asap. I am puzzled as to how it happened and i am wondering if theres a fix so i dont have to take it to a repair store
    01-23-2015 08:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that the trauma from the drop either loosened a connection or damaged a component. Be aware that the presence of the scuffs will probably make the repair ineligible for warranty coverage, since they'll assume the problem was due to accidental damage (rather than manufacturer defect).

Does the button still work when you touch it?
    01-23-2015 11:25 PM
    hi B. Diddy
    im the original poster just made an account. i agree that it was trauma that caused damage. after the incident i rebooted and shut down the phone, neither of those worked. however in the last few minutes i rebooted the phone due to wifi problems to find the button working like nothing happened. it registered touches and lit up. im just happy i didnt have time to go to a repair store today! anyway the problem is fixed, i was just wondering is it possible to replace the side skirts of the gs5? mines in gold
    01-24-2015 03:10 AM
    Glad it's working again! But don't be surprised if it cuts out intermittently. Sorry, but I don't know about the side skirts.
    01-24-2015 03:24 AM