Any chances of recovering my data after Samsung S5 factory reset?

A

AC Question

Hello all,

I accidentally triggered a factory reset (set password and entered 10 times wrong, which is pretty dumb). I did not remember that I had 5 videos from my niece there which were absolutely amazing. Too bad.
I downloaded and installed Dr. Fone, and I rooted the phone as per their advice too. Dr. Fone claimed I had 29 videos to recover, which sounded pretty suspicious, as I had only filmed 5, but i gave it a try anyway. All the "videos" it recovered were junk, as expected. Another similar app also presented junk.
So, besides asking Dr. Fone for a refund, do you guys think that there is any hope? I was thinking about sending the phone to one of these drive recovery companies. I just don't know what is involved in one of these factory resetting processes: is it a soft formatting of the internal ROM and the data is still there, unreferenced? or, as my experience with Dr. Fone seems to suggest, has the data been erased completely beyond recovery?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Backup your phones!

Best,
Antuan

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
A factory reset erases all the data added to the phone apart from any software updates.
I have not heard of password attempts triggering a factory reset.

The only possibility is if you had Google Picasa / Photos backing up your pics and videos, it is set to do so by default in Google Account settings, or you had a Google + account which was backing up to the cloud. They would be accessible via your Google account on a pc.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy