Recently, my Droid Incredible has started shutting down for no discernible reason. At various points through the day, it will just shut down, whether I'm using it or not and despite the battery showing as full. I can reboot it, but it will only work for seconds before shutting down again. If I plug it into power for just 15 seconds though, it will reboot fine and work for hours.

At first, I thought it was due to my being in areas of low reception, causing the phone to try hard to get a signal and subsequently burn through the battery life. However, this happens no matter how much power the battery has, and as mentioned above, hooking it into power for 15 seconds (NOT enough time to do meaningful charging) will restore the phone to normal operation.

Other factors that may or may not have anything to do with this:
    - One time, I got an error message that said that my phone was using my current than the charger/battery could provide, so the phone was going to shut down. Not sure the exact warning because then it shut down, and it only showed up once.
    - At times, my phone runs incredibly slowly. For instance, when I leave work, I'll usually call home. Sometimes, when I dial, the phone will not put the call through, but if I wait 5 minutes, all of a sudden the phone will make the call that I dialed in earlier.
    - I've used most of the internal storage space on the the phone. While I have 2.5GB available overall, only 118MB remain on internal storage. I've moved everything that I can and deleted everything I don't want, but I'm up against the edge no matter what
    - Charge the phone every night with a generic micro USB
    - If this happens while I'm using it, it's usually while I'm doing something (checking Twitter, playing a game, etc.)

I had initially been hoping to limp along until my next upgrade, but that's 4 months away and this is happening more and more often, sometimes leaving me without a phone at very bad times. Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.
    01-24-2015 12:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That behavior could still be due to a failing battery. Try a new or different battery.
    01-25-2015 12:50 AM