A

AC Question

how to root zte z933

Zte grand x z933 trying to root to "expand" internal memory

Ken Regular

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem.

Framaroot does not work. The phone has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad-core processor. Framaroot should use the Gandalf exploit to root the phone. But when I try Framaroot, Gandalf does not appear in the list of available exploits. Other people have experienced the same thing.

Also tried Kingo Root, again without success. I received a form letter from Kingo saying they will get back to me when they have a solution. I am not hopeful.

Any help would be appreciated.

EdMac74

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I used KingoRoot. It failed....however...if you open an adb shell from a computer and continually enter the su command you CAN get a root shell. I unplugged the phone after 30% once I got the root shell. However I could only load root requiring apps such as Xposed and BusyBox. For some reason kingo blocks any and all attempts to replace it manually with SU. The second problem I had was that once the device reboots the su capabilities are gone. This tells me that the root is only partially successful. So perhaps there is a two layer security scheme. If the darn phone wasn't locked and actually had a boot loader I would try and unlock the boot loader and load modified stock image that was prerooted. So for now.....I guess we're SOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC