Why can't I download mms images which I receive on my 10.1 Note?

A

AC Question

why can't I download mms images which I receive on my 10.1 note

when the message arrives it prompts to download, when download is selected it appears to be downloading but after some time it stops and no image appears or canbe found.

Greedy34

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: why can't I download mms images which I receive on my 10.1 note

APN settings are in Mobile Data in the Wireless and Network section. I had the same problem, sourced the correct settings from my providers site

imeasday

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

have found APN Settings. Telstra Internet = telstra.wap which has a green indicator and Telstra MMS = telstra.mms and no indicator and no provision for one.

imeasday

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your help. I contacted Telstra who said that MMS messages can't be received unless mobile data is on and wireless is off. Have tested this and it works. Quite inconvenient as most times my tablet is running on wireless and not mobile data. Cheers.

Greedy34

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

It should look like this - For mmsc i had to put spaces in to break up the link, im not permitted to post links yet as i just joined the forum, just take the spaces out (I googled telstra mms settings and took these from the crowdsupport link that comes up, the second search result)

Name: Telstra Internet
APN: telstra.iph
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http : // mmsc . telstra . com : 8002
MMS Proxy: 10.1.1.180
MMS Port: 80
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 505
MNC: 01
Authentication Type: none
APN Type: default,supl,mms

Greedy34

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

Happy to help mate, glad you got it sorted. That is very inconvenient btw, first ive heard of it too, i wonder is it the same on all networks. Anyway thats beside the point, like i said glad its sorted for ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol