How do I solve the error message android.process.media has stopped unfortunately?

A

AC Question

HOW TO SOLVE THE ERROR android.process.media has stopped unfortunately

I bought a micromax canvas knight (A350) with android jellybean preinstalled in it. Recently i updated it with Android kitkat 4.4.2 from the company's own software update option ( no rooting at all) . But still i got the following problems:
1. I am unable to open my gallery, downloads and camera. Whenever i tried so, a message would pop-up displaying "android.process.media" has stopped unfortunately.
2. My play store is working but downloading nothing. I cant download or update any app from play store. And the same message starts displaying.
3. This message comes oftenly on my screen and is irritating me in any other app or game.

I HAVE TRIED FACTORY RESET, DELETING CACHE FILES OF EVERY APP AND FORMATTING MY SD CARD BUT NOTHING WORKED FOR ME.

I FIND A SMALL TRICK FOR PLAY STORE: I JUST CONNECT MY PHONE TO PC FOR DATA STORAGE AND THEN I CAN DOWNLOAD APPS AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. I HAVE AN INTERNAL SD CARD ON MY PHONE. PLZZZ GUYS SUGGEST ME OR HELM ME OUT....
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HOW TO SOLVE THE ERROR android.process.media has stopped unfortunately

Welcome to Android Central! Try unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage) and removing it. If there is a corrupt file on the SD card, that could cause a media process (like Media Scanner) to fail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey