Why won't my Note 3 calendar link to Goggle maps after the latest update?

A

AC Question

why wont my Note 3 calendar link to goggle maps after the lates update?

Before the update, every address in the calendar was a link that automatically opend google maps and started the navagation from my currecnt location to the address on the appointment.

After the update the address is not a link. I can click the location Icon next to the address and a very lame map shows the location without any directions or ability to navigate.

Nicholas Aures

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I work as IT support for a charter school. The principal recently asked me to fix his calendar which would no longer give him the option to start navigation when clinking on an address attached to an event. As mentioned above I also am seeing just a map that lets me click my current location or find the location attached to the event not both simultaneously. There is no buttons or options to actually start navigation or to even enter more than one address at a time. He also said he did install an update recently. His cellular provider is Verizon. Personally I own the same phone but am not experiencing this issue. I however have AT&T I'll look after this to see if my phone is fully updated to determine if it's a Verizon update issue or a Samsung/Andriod update issue. I expect it is the update that caused this issue and it needs to be patched ASAP as many professionals rely heavily on the calendar/location/map combo. Hope someone has more info on this!!!

Thanks!
-Nick

MFirey

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem. Phone is a note 3 and I'm on Verizon. The calendar map link no longer jumps to navigation like it used to.

My workaround was to download the actual Google calendar app from the Google play store (the one on your phone isn't actually the "Google" calendar-I think it's just an android calendar). It works well enough and the links to maps & navigation work great.

There are a couple of features that differ between the apps but the link to navigation was the most critical thing for me.

If anyone has a solution to make the pre-installed android calendar work please let us know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac