Why isn't Game Killer working on my Rooted device?

A

AC Question

Game Killer not working on Rooted device

So I've seen quite a few posts around on different forums, but none of the people seemed to be in the same boat, except for the part where game killer wasn't working. I installed SuperSU, and checked that my phone was rooted (which was a whole 'nother exercise in madness) and tried multiple fixes circulating the internet.

First of all, I spent about two days trying to find ways to root my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, currently running on 4.4.4 (which may or may not be the latest as of this writing) and I actually finally found a way to use towelroot involving ODIN. But the reason I rooted it was to, of course, use game killer. However, whenever I downloaded versions of it from 1.9 to 2.61, they always said that root privilege was needed, even after granting them superuser privileges via SuperSU. I currently have a version of game killer that does seem to work, although it doesn't leave an icon on the upper left hand corner of the screen to access when playing games, and whenever I try to minimize it using the in-app icon, it completely shuts down, and doesn't keep running like it should, and when I try to open applications it only lists TouchWiz and the Play store and the like.

Obviously I want a version that will work, but those that do always say my phone isn't rooted, and those that think my phone is rooted don't do anything to help me.

Does anyone have a fix or advice?

And if I didn't make it abundantly clear, I have SuperSU and I granted game killer permissions, and my phone is in fact rooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers