Names are repeating; usually the last one is the mobile number. How to enable only mobile number.

A

AC Question

I have once downloaded some App to delete duplicate names; and then deleted the App.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to do?

If you want to only show mobile numbers in your contact list it is not an option however there is a way to do this.
1. Check if there are any contacts saved on your SIM card, if so delete any contacts that will not be included in the list of mobile numbers only.

a) You can see exclusively what is on your SIM card and manage those items by opening your contacts, upper Lefthand corner touch phonebook, uncheck everything except SIM.
b) You will want to turn on all of the sources that have contacts you want to move to one location with mobile numbers after deleting items you don't want. This will show them in you phonebook again.

2. There is no batch operation for this, I'm sorry. Meanwhile you will now be able to go through your list, one contact at a time, open the menu for each contact and select Save to SIM. When you've completed this you can go back up to the Lefthand corner of your contact screen and uncheck everything except SIM contacts and you will only see contacts that have mobile numbers.

Something else to note is that if you open the menu to your contacts there is a Manage Contacts option. In there you will see some tools that will help you manage your contacts including Deleting Duplicate Contacts. If you have contacts that are separate, because let's say one is from Facebook and one you added, a link can be added that merges the two and creates one contact. You can then choose to use the picture and name from either source while making the contact to appear as one.

If you are wanting to only show contacts with mobile numbers in your messaging app. Some apps have this option built in. I don't and haven't used the stock app in so long that I'm not sure if it has this option or not, however some of the more popular SMS apps like Handcent and Go SMS have this as an option. If it isn't an option in your SMS settings I'm not sure how you would go about doing this for a messaging app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2