Had the same issues as some in this forum. The overnight charge use to be fine when I first received my tablet, always 100% the next morning. Recently I started to notice a fast drain while in normal use. Overnight charges started to show about 50% or less. It would not charge while using it. Forced stop on the index service would not fix the issue. Found a fix which consisted in using my phone micro usb cable and the Samsung wall charger. It fixed it right away charging at even a higher rate than with the Samsung provided wall charger and cable connector. You may want to try it as a cheap option. My question, however, is, what are the other Samsung connector pins used for? Note that the same micro usb connector from my phone works to connect to my laptop to see the tablet and transfer files to and fro. Hope this helps some of you. Cheers from San Diego, CA, and thank you to those who gave good clues with your responses.
    01-25-2015 02:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about the extra part of the plug as shown on the right?

Why does my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 battery drain quickly?-official-samsung-micro-usb-3-0-data-cable-black-p40782-300.jpg
    That's a microUSB 3.0 plug. MicroUSB 3.0 ports are still backwards compatible with microUSB 2.0 plugs--you just plug those into the larger of the two sockets.
    01-26-2015 12:45 AM