Hi, I just discovered that my mom can make her own ringtones via iTunes for her phone.... but I have an Android (Samsung Galaxy S5) and I'm really not very good understanding all this tech stuff, so I need some help if at all possible. I want to use my songs on my computer as ringtones. If I read right these are the instructions that I think would be how to do it.
    1. Plug in my phone to my windows computer via my USB charger.
    2. I then should be able to find my phone in My Computer.
    3. I then drag my songs or mp3s into the music folder in the my phone (is there already a music folder set in my phone?)
    4. unplug phone and then go to the Ringdroid app.

Now this is where it gets fuzzy... I want to be able to take the songs that I've bought and make them into a ringtone, but I want just certain parts not the whole song, so that is why I thought that I would use Ringdroid since it has such good reviews. The question is once I open Ringdroid, will I be able to access my music that I just transferred from my computer, through the app? And then I should be able to edit and make my ringtones, right? I think that I know how to make the actual ringtone, I just need to know how to get there. Am I doing the transferring correctly? I'm sorry for this long question. I just have only had my phone for so long and I'm having a lot of trouble figuring this whole thing out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! thank you
    01-26-2015 01:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! As long as the music is in a format the phone can read (usually mp3), Ringdroid ought to be able to read it. Make sure the file is in the Music directory on Internal Storage, not the microSD card, because with KitKat or Lollipop, Ringdroid might not have permission to use the SD card (and therefore wouldn't be able to find the file).

Ringdroid is pretty easy to use, and it should give you an option to set your ringtone as well. If you have problems, see this guide as well: Android 101: Adding your own custom sounds to Android events | Android Central
    01-26-2015 06:12 PM