Nexus 5 - Hardware Reset - How is it done ?

A

AC Question

Hello all
I come today with a question that i hope someone will have an answer for.

Week ago my Nexus 5 turned of and would not turn on, at all. Only times it showed signs of life was when it was charging. Then it would show the google logo for half a second and then turn of, then do the same thing forever. There was no way to enter the recovery or any other part of the phone.
This is how it looks: (youtube) /watch?v=7wNZfC1LSBA
After reading lots of stuff on the net and contacting Google and LG(with no help from either) i figured it was game over for the phone but i decided to send the phone for repair to a bigger city in my country some 400km away.

Here is where it gets interesting. Today my father delivered the phone and they fixed it literally in 3minutes. When my father asked what they had done, they said to him (or atleast thats how he understood it) that they have done a hardware reset. Apparently the phone got "blocked" somehow and they simply reseted the hardware.

My question is, what the hell is a hardware reset and how do i perform it myself???

I have tried EVERYTHING i could find on the internet to try and fix the phone before sending it, im not the greatest expert but id like to think i know my way around android more then the average user. I have to say again, the phone showed no signs of life, it was impossible to enter recovery so i have no idea how they could have done it.
I would really like to learn how to do this, so i am prepared if it happens in the future.

Thank you for your time

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Three minutes! The only thing I can think of that they could have done in that time is a simulated battery pull....long-pressing the power button.

Posted via the Android Central App

Exprince

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
OP here:

I have tried that myself several times so its definitely not the battery pull. Maybe he was overexagerating(i dont know how to write this word) when he said 3min but it was very fast.

He said that he saw the man connect the phone to a computer, open some sort of program and boom after a few minutes it was done.
I cant help but be intrigued, what could they have done to fix the problem so fast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance