I dropped my Samsung ZTE last night and now the power button is stuck. Is there an alternative way to turn my phone on? Because when my phone locks, it doesn't turn the screen back on. I also do not have a warranty or money to get it fixed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-26-2015 06:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Samsung and ZTE are different manufacturers. Some phones have a smartcover feature, where a sensor in the phone can detect when a case with a smartcover has the cover closed, and will put the phone to sleep. When you open the cover, the screen turns on. That can be a temporary solution, but it would be a big problem if you had to power your phone off at some point, or it ran out of battery, because then you wouldn't have any way of powering it back on. There's no software method of powering on a phone from a powered off state.

In the future, I suggest spending a few bucks on a good case (if you didn't this time), because that can often be the difference between a busted phone and a slightly scuffed phone.
    01-26-2015 05:50 PM