How can I get my phone in silent mode without vibrating?

A

AC Question

I try to turn it down to the "none" setting under volume control, but it only turns it onto vibrate. How can I get my phone completely silent without turning it off. Also, I can't find airplane mode either. Please help!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Which device do you have.
The volume slider goes to vibrate by default. It's a shortcut.
You should have Vibration off settings on the device, for calls, messaging, emails etc.

agh_416

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the moto x 2nd generation with lollipop. I'm not really a tech person, and I just got this phone yesterday. I've been reading some reviews and it looks like this is a problem people have been having. I wasn't sure if anyone had figured out how to get around this or figure out how to get the phone on silent any other way.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

I had a search on the Moto X 2014 forum and it seems to affect Hangouts at least.
I have a Moto G 2013 as a backup to my Samsung. It has a vibration off in the messaging app and sound control, plus an Aeroplane mode in the Settings shortcut screen, but it is not on Android 5.0.

Perhaps start a thread in the Moto X 2014 forum. You may get more information here also come the evening.
You can also say hi and ask again in Android Central Community - Introductions, have a look.