All sync is turned on but still email does not update via mobile data, why not?

A

AC Question

all sync is turned on but still email does not update via mobile data

I have read the forums and all the syncing issues. All the syncing options are turned on but when I send an email from my deskstop it is not received by my phone.
5, 10 ,20 minutes go by and I can see the phone syncing multiple times but still new emails are not received.

anyone help ?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: all sync is turned on but still email does not update via mobile data

It sounds like you have looked at all of the phone sync options but have you looked at the app options? What type of account are you trying to sync? Gmail, Hotmail, aol? What app are you using?

I'm not sure about the stock app, but some 3rd party apps allow you to set a refresh rate so they only sync every, 15min, hour, 2 hours, etc. so it could be that it's the app not requesting an update. Some apps will also offer to only update over WiFi, so checking your app settings is the place to start. It could also be the type of account. If it was one that you had to set up manually, go in and indicate the site name, the server port for incoming and outgoing, etc etc, or one like Outlook where the account is sync'd 5 different ways that could be playing a role in this too.

If your options are good, both phone and app, if you have any, and you're using an account that set itself up automatically, I would look into a different app. There are several good ones, Maildroid, K9, Bluemail, Cloudmagic...