I'm kind of a noob, so bear with me here. A while back, the USB port on my rooted Nexus 7(2nd gen Wifi version) broke, meaning I had no way to connect to my computer. I thought I was screwed, but then I found out on an XDA forum, that its possible to connect to your computer over wifi. I tought it was great, until I realize the connection would be lost the moment I turned my tablet off(Something, which in hindsight, I should have realized earlier) Making it impossible to use stuff like the Nexus root toolkit. So is there anyway around this? Or am I actually screwed?

Thanks in advance.
    And sorry for being a noob
    01-27-2015 10:15 AM
    you want a continuous stream of connection or just want to transfer files?
    01-27-2015 11:08 AM
    I'm kind of a noob, so bear with me here. A while back, the USB port on my rooted Nexus 7(2nd gen Wifi version) broke, meaning I had no way to connect to my computer. I thought I was screwed, but then I found out on an XDA forum, that its possible to connect to your computer over wifi. I tought it was great, until I realize the connection would be lost the moment I turned my tablet off(Something, which in hindsight, I should have realized earlier) Making it impossible to use stuff like the Nexus root toolkit. So is there anyway around this? Or am I actually screwed?

Thanks in advance.
    And sorry for being a noob
    No, unfortunately there isn't a way to achieve that since the Wi-Fi connection is being terminated once you shut off the device. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Perhaps there's an alternative that will help you do that.
    01-27-2015 11:21 AM
    Transfer some files... I think

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-27-2015 11:45 AM
    I was originally trying to update my tablet from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2. But I kept getting sent to twrp. After some digging, I found out that I needed to reinstall my stock recovery, which I did with flashify, but that also caused problems as whenever I tried to update, it would stop and give me an error message( the one with the red triangle). So then, I tried to unroot my device with the nexus 7 rooted toolkit, using adb over wifi, but it would always boot into boot loader mode, which then cut of WiFi connection.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Also, sorry for replying so late, didn't expect such a quick to response to my question
    01-27-2015 11:51 AM