Why won't my WiFi turn on for a HTC one M8?

A

AC Question

I noticed last night my Wifi was not connected on my phone, so I go into settings and turn it on and exit out and dont think anything of it. This morning the same thing happened, but it wont turn on. When i press the button to switch it from off to on it goes faint and wont load or connect and you cant press it again. I have a HTC one M8 for AT&T. anyone know any way to help?

drice99

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Changing the channel on my router to channel 6 worked for me (it could be a different channel for you) but I don't think there is a stock fix for this issue. For some changing the name of the phone in wi fi direct to HTC One works..

Posted via the Android Central App

netkubus

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my HTC One M8. Earlier, when I turned on airplane mode, I could turn on Wifi and Bluethoot manually. It worked well and I used it often. One time my phone rebooted itself (it was not a system upgrade), and after reboot the function of turning on wifi in airplane mode stopped working. I care about it because I often used wifi and bluethoot in airplane mode.

Wiping the cache partition - as suggested above - does not worket for me :(

Has anyone found a solution to this problem without a hard reset?
I prefer to avoid reinstalling the application and transferring data.

However, if a hard reset is necessary, does it really solve this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781