I wanted to know if my phone was hacked.
    Yesterday while surfing a site on UC browser I clicked the back button and it directed me to a page which said UC Web Your personal information leaked, Please visit Google Play, I again clicked back and it said Samsung Your personal information could be at risk, download Privacy Lock from Google Play, Again I clicked back and It said security risk Download Zero Launcher.
    But inspite of clicking back it did not take me to the site that I was surfing. I had to close the browser.
    My phone already had Avast Security downloaded.
    Hence I want to know why did I receive this. Is my information leaked?
    My friend told me these were just advertisements to be downloaded from Google Play.
    Got it confirmed from you people itself today that my phone is safe.
    But i did not download anything from that site i.e. the pop up but I exited the browser and went to Google Play and downloaded Privacy Lock & Zero Launcher from Google Play.
    But again I uninstalled them also today and have secured my phone with CM security.
    Is my phone still safe after downloading Privacy Lock & Zero Launcher from google play.
    01-27-2015 02:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Those are just ads designed to scare you. NEVER pay attention to them. The fact that they were coming up probably has to do with the website you were visiting--be cautious in the future.
    Rukbat likes this.
    01-27-2015 10:09 PM