Why am I unable to delete photos from the gallery?

A

AC Question

can't delete photos from the gallery

I have taken some pictures that I now wish to delete. They show up in my gallery. I'm not getting to turn my backup off as I'm happy to have pictures backed up but I'd like to be able to delete them. I saw a similar post that recommended downloading picsa and doing it from there but the pics I want to delete don't show up in that app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: can't delete photos from the gallery

Welcome to Android Central! You don't download Picasa--Google+ Photos is what Picasa used to be (Google acquired them a long time ago). Your Gallery app as well as the Photos app can display photos from your Google+ Photos cloud albums. The Photos app allows you to delete cloud photos, while the Gallery app usually doesn't. You might be trying to delete a cloud photo using your Gallery app, which is why it's not letting you. Does the photo have a little Picasa or Google Photos icon in the corner of the thumbnail? That means it's in the cloud.

Using your Gallery app or the Photos app, select the option to show photos on your device only. Now try to delete the photo in question. Since you're deleting a photo that is locally stored, it should let you do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech