How do I disable Google sync?

A

AC Question

How to disable google sync

I have an android tablet and phone with a limited data plan. When I first turned on my phone I accidentally let it sync my google account not realizing it wanted to add all my apps from the playstore that are on my tablet. Well my bill was sky high which my carrier fixed so I told my carrier to turn off the data plan which they did. My question is how can I have a limited data plan without automatic update from my apps working? I really only need to receive about 5 texts a year so I don't need a big plan.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to disable google sync

I have an android tablet and phone with a limited data plan. When I first turned on my phone I accidentally let it sync my google account not realizing it wanted to add all my apps from the playstore that are on my tablet. Well my bill was sky high which my carrier fixed so I told my carrier to turn off the data plan which they did. My question is how can I have a limited data plan without automatic update from my apps working? I really only need to receive about 5 texts a year so I don't need a big plan.

Play Store > Settings > Auto Update Apps and turn them off.
You can also disable background data for apps that sync frequently

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to disable google sync

Settings>Accounts & Sync> turn off auto sync
To turn off the apps auto updating you need to go into the play store under settings and make sure auto updates is set to "Do not auto-update apps".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781