I have an android tablet and phone with a limited data plan. When I first turned on my phone I accidentally let it sync my google account not realizing it wanted to add all my apps from the playstore that are on my tablet. Well my bill was sky high which my carrier fixed so I told my carrier to turn off the data plan which they did. My question is how can I have a limited data plan without automatic update from my apps working? I really only need to receive about 5 texts a year so I don't need a big plan.
    01-27-2015 06:06 PM
    I have an android tablet and phone with a limited data plan. When I first turned on my phone I accidentally let it sync my google account not realizing it wanted to add all my apps from the playstore that are on my tablet. Well my bill was sky high which my carrier fixed so I told my carrier to turn off the data plan which they did. My question is how can I have a limited data plan without automatic update from my apps working? I really only need to receive about 5 texts a year so I don't need a big plan.
    Play Store > Settings > Auto Update Apps and turn them off.
    You can also disable background data for apps that sync frequently

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2
    01-27-2015 06:12 PM
    Settings>Accounts & Sync> turn off auto sync
    To turn off the apps auto updating you need to go into the play store under settings and make sure auto updates is set to "Do not auto-update apps".
    UJ95x likes this.
    01-27-2015 06:14 PM