Why does my Samsung Galaxy App Version 1.3.5 battery drain so quickly and why is the data usage so high?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy App Version 1.3.5 draining battery and excessive data usage

I've had an app that's just called 'Samsung Galaxy' (version 1.3.5) using a lot of background data (1.29GB in the last month, and my total data usage is 1.75GB), as well as sitting on approximately 23% of battery usage. I've changed the settings to restrict background data, but it still seems excessive, particularly as I've got Android System and Android OS running as well.

I've had the phone for a few months, but only really noticed the change in battery life and data usage in the last month.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy App Version 1.3.5 draining battery and excessive data usage

Welcome to Android Central! It's probably the Galaxy App Store, which is Samsung's own app store. If you never use it, go to the App Manager, select Galaxy Store, and see if you can Disable/Turn Off.

ItsBond007

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed this app after upgrading to 4. 2.2 from 4.2.1. it's not the Galaxy App Store it's something else. when I logged into Facebook it was trying to connect to my friends and get their data. so I suspect some kind of social media app but I'm not sure. I turned it off and everything seems to be working OK.

ItsBond007

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed this app after upgrading to 4. 2.2 from 4.2.1. it's not the Galaxy App Store it's something else. when I logged into Facebook it was trying to connect to my friends and get their data. so I suspect some kind of social media app but I'm not sure. I turned it off and everything seems to be working OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674