How do I re-calibrate the touch on my Asus ME173X Tablet?

A

AC Question

Asus ME173X Tablet - Touch problem

I have had my Asus ME173x for a few months, however, a few weeks back, the touch screen started acting erratically. Sometimes, the touch input would not be recognised, sometimes, it would be recognise it somewhere else on the screen & sometimes, it would recognise multiple inputs.

I have 'hard reset'ed the tablet multiple times
I have drained the battery completely multiple times

Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Asus ME173X Tablet - Touch problem

Welcome to Android Central! Are there any sources of electromagnetic interference nearby (like strong currents from a power supply, or a powerful speaker)? If not, then I'd suspect a faulty touchscreen. The device should still be under warranty, so contact Asus.

Andrew Fox5

May 23, 2015
Visit site
i have had one of these for the last year sat in a cupboard because the touchscreen went mad. did full reset and everything could find and google.

today i took a knife and gently prized the clip on back off, hey presto there is my issue the digitizer connectors had released the cables going into the main power board.

put them back in and now screen works a treat!! worth a look if you dont mind taking things apart yourself, just dont cut yourself with the knife!

Andrew Fox5

May 23, 2015
Visit site

i had this issue with my Asus ME173X Tablet for over a year now and its sat in a cupboard.

today i got a knife out and prized the clip on case off the back, hey presto there is the issue, the digitizer connectors have come out of the main powerboard, simple flick up the white part of the clip on the power board and slide them back in push down the white part again on clip to hold in place and fixed!!

GarySFP

May 8, 2012
Visit site

i took the device apart and the cables were fine. Removed them anyway and reinserted them ...same problem. Is there a way to fix it if i root the device do you think?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance