Should I get the Nexus 6 or Galaxy Note 4 (and general questions regarding bugs on Nexus 6)?

A

AC Question

Nexus 6 or Galaxy Note 4 (and general questions regarding bugs on Nexus 6)

Hello,

Currently, I have a Nexus 5, and plan to upgrade within the next month or two. I am very strongly looking at the Galaxy Note 4 or the Nexus 6. Big deciding factor for me is lollipop - I have it on my nexus 5 and I LOVE it. I absolutely despise TouchWiz with a burning passion. Anyway, during the past several months (been a little over a year) I have had the infamous 'boot loop' on my nexus at least 5 times since I've owned it. The most recent time (last week) It took me over 3 hours to fix the damn thing. I've had numerous app crashes, some random restarts, etc. I've wiped the cache partition a few times and it helps with that.

Anyway! My question is, are there any known bugs/issues that are happening on the Nexus 6 that happened on the Nexus 5? More specifically, the boot loop/stuck power button issue. & How frequent have you had app crashes and random restarts as well on the Nexus 6?

Also, what should I get? Galaxy Note 4, or Nexus 6? List your reasons. Thank you!

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 or Galaxy Note 4 (and general questions regarding bugs on Nexus 6)

Hello,

Currently, I have a Nexus 5, and plan to upgrade within the next month or two. I am very strongly looking at the Galaxy Note 4 or the Nexus 6. Big deciding factor for me is lollipop - I have it on my nexus 5 and I LOVE it. I absolutely despise TouchWiz with a burning passion. Anyway, during the past several months (been a little over a year) I have had the infamous 'boot loop' on my nexus at least 5 times since I've owned it. The most recent time (last week) It took me over 3 hours to fix the damn thing. I've had numerous app crashes, some random restarts, etc. I've wiped the cache partition a few times and it helps with that.

Anyway! My question is, are there any known bugs/issues that are happening on the Nexus 6 that happened on the Nexus 5? More specifically, the boot loop/stuck power button issue. & How frequent have you had app crashes and random restarts as well on the Nexus 6?

Also, what should I get? Galaxy Note 4, or Nexus 6? List your reasons. Thank you!

I have the Nexus 6. Prior to that I had the Samsung Galaxy S5. I haven't had any issues with my Nexus 6. The phone does live up to all the hype. As you know...there is no bloatware on the Nexus 6 unless you get it from AT&T. Are there any Samsung apps that you would want to use which is on the Note 4? Samsung add alot of bloatware to their devices. On top of that you also get bloatware from the carriers. My reasons for the Nexus 6 are: Pure Android, Android updates first and from Google, the display is 1440 QHD AMOLED, dual front stereo speakers, turbo charger to charge the phone faster, 3 gigs of RAM (the Note has 3 gigs as well due to the stylus) and I just llike the way the Nexus 6 looks. I love the Nexus line. I had a Nexus 4, but I didn't like the way the Nexus 5 looked so I got the Samsung Galaxy S5. I'm back to the Nexus 6. I don't like TouchWiz and I don't use most of the apps Samsung add to their devices. The display on the Nexus 6 is awesome...better than my S5. The front speakers sound really good. Everything you like about Nexus is even better on the Nexus 6. The only issue with the Nexus 6 concerns the same text messsage being sent 2 or 3 times. That is a problem with Sprint...not the Nexus 6. The only app that crashes on my Nexus 6 is Dolphin Browser. I don't know why it sometimmes crashes. Dolphin just released an update so I hope that fixes it. I haven't had any issues with my Nexus 6 other than Dolphin crashing sometimes and the problem with duplicate texts. One more thing to note...the Nexus 6 does NOT have an LED light for notifications. Instead Motorola's Ambient display is used. If you use Light Flow you will be out of luck. The Nexus 6 is presently on Android version 5.01. I hope I was able to help you!